Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - and What Hat to Wear Wall-Hanging

Here's wishing everyone a very Happy New Year - may it be filled with love and laughter shared with family and friends -  and may you have the strength and courage to face any pitfalls that may crop up!

I saw this on the Internet and thought I'd share it:

The New year is before you, like a spotless tract of snow. Be careful how you tread on it, for every mark will show!             Isn't that the truth!

If you have been following my blog for awhile you will note that I have many hobbies - sometimes too many as I'm quite often torn at which one to work on. In 2010 our quilt guild had a challenge to make a small wall-hanging that depicts us. Well, that was an easy one for me! Here's my entry.



Hubby quite often says to me "So, what hat are wearing today?" So, I went with that theme. I simply downloaded some hats from free clip-art sources, copied them to Steam-a-Seam, and cut out various hats in various colours. I had to hand write the title on each hat because, poor me, I do not have embroidery machine. Then I printed off a picture of me onto fabric and fused one hat on top of another, on top of my head. I added a simple border and echo quilted it. As you can see, I won 2nd prize. Cool!


 

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea for a quilt and it turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...