Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A 'Z' Card


Still hot and humid here in Ontario so I pretty much spent the day quilting and finished some cards that weren’t quite done. Sometimes I set them aside and think about them for a day or two to decide what else they need. This card is one I just made for my oldest sister and her hubby. The hubby is 85 and is in poor health and she is the main caregiver and although we talk on the phone each week, sometimes several times a week, I thought receiving a card in the mail might be nice too. She lives almost 3 hours away from where I live so we don’t see her that often.

 






My local Stampin’ Up dealer, The Pampered Stamper, demonstrated how to make a Z card so I thought I would give it a try. They are super easy to make and I’m happy how it turned out…..eventually. The card base is likely Stampin’ Up’s Night of Navy or one of their other blues. The patterned is from the stash so I have no idea what manufacturer it is from. I wanted somewhere to write a message so the inner small flap was covered with white paper but first a fancy scroll was stamped down one side in Night of Navy. It looked too plain all white.



The bird is from Inkadinkado and it was sitting in my stash of birds, already embossed in the sparkling blue so I just had to cut around it leaving a very thin white border and glued it on the one flat. Believe it or not that strip across the bottom is all the same colour and it is part of card base but the lighting by my desk is not very good and it changes the colour at will. This card sat on my desk for a couple of days because I didn’t like the long flap plain blue but couldn’t decide what to add there……… and then I remembered some sentiment stamps that I seldom use. This one said just the right thing (Remember Happy Moments) and fit perfectly. It was heat embossed with detail white embossing powder.



The ‘thinking of you’ on the top was die cut with the Tim Holtz saying die. The card folds up to a 5 ½” square card. It does not cost extra in Canada to mail square cards so I’m good with making them.



That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday.







Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.




1 comment:

  1. A phone call and a card in the mail are too TOTALLY different things! And each one appreciated for what they are i think..... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...