Friday, August 12, 2016

Back to the Dogs


We had a few thunderstorms around us this afternoon and one was close enough to drop a little rain; not much, but a little. We could get more rain and/or thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow so we’ll see if that happens if it reduces this terrible heat and humidity. I just read on the MSN news page that we are also in for a terrible cold and snowy winter too. Yuck. Oh well, nothing you can do about the weather or taxes so on with life.



I’m posting another Crazy Dog card today. I can’t seem to stop making them!




The dog was coloured with water colour pencils and blended with plain water and then cut out. The background was made by using up some co-ordinating scraps. The strip along the seam; the Paper Smoothes die cut sentiment and the Spellbinder’s Die cut brown circle are from the same piece of left over brown. The balloons were die cut with Little B dies out of glitter paper. I had to go back and forth about 6 times to get them cut through as glitter paper is quick thick but it was worth it in the end. Black thread was tied to the balloons to the dog’s front leg. I cut a slit between the legs just enough to stick the thread through. I love these cards that could be used for any age group and gender.



This card is being entered in the following challenges:




and this blog: http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.ca/



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, August 12, 2016. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.





Cheers

Violet


7 comments:

  1. I love your crazy dog....he is so cute! Sweet card! You should enter this over at Just Us Girls too. This week is water color. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Violet. Your paper scraps coordinate beautifully and that dog! How cute. Thanks for sharing your card at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Birthday card! I love that cute dog! I was just at a Scrapbook Expo and I almost bought those Crazy Dogs stamp set, now I wish I had! Love your fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable crazy dog. Makes a great birthday card, I think I need this stamp. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love those dogs! Your card is adorable, just happened to see it over at Just us Girls and had to come tell you how much I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card, and I love how you have coloured the dog with the watercolour pencils. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card...love it totally..Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Anything goes with dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...