Monday, August 22, 2016

I'm Back with a Card


Well that was four days of hot and humid fun with the three grandchildren – all boys, ages 6, 9, and 11 (12 in Oct). In spite of the heat we had some great adventures and fun. It was so hot one day they played at a water park for a couple of hours in the morning before it got unbearably hot and in the afternoon we went to the movies. Of course, today the humid weather is gone and it is absolutely beautiful out. They were all very well behaved and polite, as usual, and an absolute delight to take anywhere. The six year old told his mother that going to Grandma’s and Grampa’s was the best thing he did all summer. He did get to hold and release a baby turtle back into the bay at Rondeau. It was their annual turtle day and he missed out doing it last year so the other two boys wanted him to have a turn. The cost of this pleasure was $10 last year but $15 this year…but money well spent as it goes to turtle preservation. Turtles are on the endangered list.



The day before we went to get the boys I picked up a nasty virus in my computer. Malware Bytes removed it but it did some damage right away. I cannot download photos from my camera or open any photo already downloaded. Luckily I have a few cards already photographed so I can post some cards this week. My neighbour, the computer guru, is going to repair it for me but we’ve both been busy.



So, here’s the first card I’m posting, plus how I adjusted it to make it look better……well, I’m not sure if it’s better or not. You can decide for yourself…..I’m on the fence about it.

 


Another Tim Holtz Crazy Cat card! I took a piece of white cardstock and ran half of it through a brick wall embossing folder and then sponged various inks over it. Why I kept everything yellow and yellowish-green I don’t know. The cat was coloured with water colour pencils and blended with water and then cut out and glued to the top of the brick wall. His bow tie was a bow for a present stamp and it was stamped and coloured and when I cut it out I cut the bottom pieces off so it would look like a bow tie.



The cupcake is a very old QuicKutz die but I use it quite a bit. The icing was made by adding a layer of Liquid pearls and then sponging ink over it when dry and then added some Stickles. The candle was die cut from a Little B die set and Glossy Accents was added to make it look waxy. I made a slit in the icing and put the bottom of the candle through the slit and taped it down.



I kept looking at the card every day and thinking, “I just don’t like it. It needs more colour”. So here’s the amended card.

 


I decided that the cat was too yellow and blended in with the background too much so I added some brown to give him more colour…but then he blended into the brick wall too much so I sponged some yellow over the brick. Once I had it done I couldn’t decide if I liked it better the first way or this way but guess what, it is what it is and not being changed again! Sometimes I should just leave well enough alone, sometimes it pays to play.



That’s all for a lovely summer Monday, August 22, 2016,



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.




1 comment:

  1. Well the first one seems a little dark but that much just be the camera... the second one is lighter and i like it a little more.. :) Very cute card Violet. I love cupcakes. I should get a cupcake die cut or at least a stamp...

    I'm so glad you had fun with your grandsons. Growing up i spent every summer vacation with my grandparents. They lived in Florida while i moved around alot during the year with my mom. My grandparents were a great 'anchor' for me growing up. And they hold my fondest memories. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...