Thursday, September 15, 2016

Sizzix Triple Square Flit-it Die Set


Summer is continuing right into September this year and we love it….except for the yellow jackets – grrrrr. They are everywhere and relentless in getting into any food or drink. It’s just not even worth it to try to eat outdoors right now even though the weather is perfect for it. 



Before I post the card I just made I want to tell you about a great product – if you live in Canada that is – and there is a Dollarama Store you can visit. Last week I went in to get my glue runners – good for cards – and I noticed they had a sheet that glue does not stick to. Hhmmmm. I know Stampin’ Up has one but this one was only $2.00 so much less expensive….but…is it worth it to give it a try??? Why not! It’s definitely worth the $2.00! Nothing sticks to it, including glue from a hot glue gun. It is flimsy though and I kept folding it up with papers on my desk…..I know, I know, clean the desk up, I did that today…..but I finally came up with solution – I had a new clip board and I just put one end of the glue pad under the clip and sat it down beside my desk. Now I just reach down for it and it stays flat. I like it so much I decided to buy another one for the desk where I do mixed media work but I was at a different Dollarama and they didn’t have them…..so you may have to check around to various stores....but well worth it.

  

Now for the card – I made this with the new Sizzix Triple Square Flip-it die set (#659178) that I bought last week…..ignore the paper clips. I just added those to keep it flat while I took the photo.
The finished card is 4.25 x 5.5.

 


When I buy a new die I pretty much follow the directions – for the first time or two. So this die cuts the cardstock with those blocks behind the flowers; then you die cut the designer paper that fits perfectly on the front flap; then the designer paper on the far right is die cut which mimics the left side. I wanted to put a ribbon strip down the middle but I was having a ‘dummy’ moment and put it down the far left – oh well, once it’s there, its there to stay. The set comes with extra square dies; some with stitched borders. So, for this card I die cut three small squares out of designer paper and glued them onto the small flaps – which leaves a nice small border; then I added small white flowers and gems in the centre. 



Now for the inside of the card:

 




You can see how the squares are die cut when you open the card. To pick up the yellow in the polka dots and ribbon, I stamped three small images on yellow cardstock and then die cut them with the largest of the stitched dies. I added a very light bit of colour with pencil crayons. Glue was added to the back of the yellow squares; then held against the back of the front squares leaving a border as even as I could get them and then laid them down to adhere them to the inside of the card – it was a bit tricky but it works.  



Over all I liked it but then I thought – there is no place to leave a message so I added a tiny white strip (edges inked) down the inside. I’m going to have to come up with a better idea than that though…..and I did…..stay tuned for that one.





Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.



That’s all for a lovely Thursday, 2016-09-15.





Cheers

Violet










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...