Friday, October 14, 2016

The Chosen One


So tired! Today was yard work day and time to put the garden to bed for the winter day….didn’t get it all done but did the most necessary….which means cutting back the roses and covering them with dirt. We have 22 rose bushes. The peonies and other perennials will have to wait until next week to be trimmed back. I won’t be doing much tonight except watching my Blue Jays play Cleveland in the first game of that series. Cleveland is my second favourite team so I’ll be happy no matter which one wins…but a bit happier if it’s Toronto.



I hope you have been enjoying the week of wedding cards and perhaps picked up a few hints and ideas too. Today I’m posting the card that Janette actually picked…and I knew she would be picking this one. I started thinking about her friend getting married. She is a lovely person who really enjoys being out in nature and her wedding is going to be small and at a lovely country chateau. So with that in mind I made a card that reflected her life.

 


I started out with a piece of plain white cardstock and this woodland embossing folder. The flat side of the folder was inked with very light blue ink and then it was run through the embossing folder. This leaves the embossed part stand out a little more. It’s hard to see in the photo because the blue is so light. To make it even more organic I ripped the edges of the white and then glued it to a piece of blue cardstock and then to the white card base. This card is 5.5 x 6.



The butterfly was die cut with a Memory Box die and just glued down the centre so the wings are free. Once again I used the Paper Smooches ‘celebrate’ die but only cut it in white. The ‘love’ was die cut with a Cuttlebug alphabet die. I was smart this time and ran the white cardstock through the Xerox first to get glue on the back so it was easier to glue down.



Small white pears were added to the body of the butterfly and around it. However as I look at it now, it needs one more small white pearl. I like uneven numbers of embellishments.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.



That’s the end of wedding cards. Next week I’ll post…..???? what ever pops in my head over the weekend. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. That’s all for now, 2016-10-14.



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. After describing Janette's friend to us i think this one is the perfect one!!! 'So pretty Violet!! Love the torn edges...perfect! My goodness what will you post next week?? ! lol Hmmm... maybe some Halloween Cards??? I'll be making some Halloween PostCards.... Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...