Thursday, October 13, 2016

Wedding Card Number Three


Another beautiful fall day here in Ontario….very cool at night but nice during the day…..just the way I like it. Not much to report today so I’ll get right to the card. After making two wedding cards for my daughter’s perusal I decided that these two are not going to be what she had in mind. Her friend is in her early 40’s and it is a second marriage so maybe a black and white card is not going to cut it. So, I went with a Champaign coloured card and black instead. Here’s what I came up with.

 


I started out with a thin piece of Champaign coloured cardstock so the first thing I did was run a scrap piece through an embossing folder – cracked in places which is what I was afraid would happen. To avoid this, simply place the thin paper between two pieces of scrap paper – like copy paper – and run it through – it embosses just find and no tearing or cracking. So that’s how the Swiss dots were embossed on the piece of thin paper. It was then glued to a white card base. The sentiment at the top was in a package of odds and ends I picked up at the thrift store so I have no idea who made it. It was printed on light grey velum so it was glued on black cardstock before being glued over the Swiss dots….it needed some stabilizing over the embossed dots.


Another piece of Champaign paper, but a bit darker in colour, was added over the Swiss Dots about half way down the page. The off-white flower was a premade one from Michaels who had a package of six on sale for less than a dollar… I think…. so I bought three packs of them. Behind the flower are coils of black and white baker’s twine. To get it to stay in place, I placed a large glue dot on the glue pad and looped the bakers twine around the glue dot and pressing it into the dot where I wanted it. Then I just had to lift up the glue dot and glue it to the card….but I added a bit of Zip Dry glue (my favourite glue) to the glue dot to make sure it would stay stuck. Then the flower was glued on top of the coils.



The word ‘celebrate’ was die cut in both white and black cardstock and then I glued the white on top of the black, off-side a bit so it looks like a shadow. This die is from Paper Smooches but it is not all one word but divided into three sections….which makes no sense to me but that’s how it came.



Well, I do like this card but it is not he one she chose. I’ll post the one she chose tomorrow…..and I knew as soon as I made it that that would be the one she would choose.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Sooo looking forward to seeing the one she chose. Out of the three this one is not my favorite... I will keep in mind that great tip about avoiding cracking... MY poor little Cuttlebug is still packed away.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...