Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Let it Snow Card




This is such a busy time of the year that I ran out of time to post a card yesterday. So, I’m doing it today before I forget again. This card meets the requirements for these two challenges:  









 


This card was made for one of my great-nieces. It is an old House Mouse design. It was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol but the hat was not red enough so I went over it with an alcohol marker. The image was then die cut with my new Stampin’ Up stitched circle die. (You get 12 stitched dies, 4 each of circle, square and oval which was great because all I had was rectangle stitched dies so yes, I treated myself once again) The background is a Stampin’ Up snowflake embossed piece of cardstock that I then sponged some light blue ink around. The image was then glued to a large die cut snowflake and glued over the embossed snowflakes. This was then glued to the white card base. The sentiment is just a small stamp that I stamped twice in red; notched the ends; glued it to a piece of red cardstock and glued it to the bottom of the card. Once the card was finished I added flocking to the hat. I think she will like it.



That’s all for a fairly mild day for November, 2016-11-29.



Cheers

Violet


6 comments:

  1. Love those House Mouse stamps!! I have never used flocking so thats an idea i must remember... Love your card Violet. We've had mild weather but the next few days promise to be colder... Highs in the 40's F and lows around freezing... Maybe even a chance of snow flurries later in the week... OOOooooo :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice card, my stitched frams are on back order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card! I love the embossing!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for playing along at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Good luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...