Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Thrift Store Score and a Card


We had a beautiful day here in Ontario…..which was a nice surprise after the very cold weather we have had. It was sunny and mild but the wind had just a bit of a cool bite to it at times. Joe’s back seemed a little better so we ventured out for an hour’s walk this morning and then got groceries this afternoon. He had some trouble getting in the car and a lot getting out, as expected. I guess we should have bought a small SUV when we bought this car but getting in and out of it was not a problem four years ago. Hopefully he didn’t overdo it today and won’t pay for it tomorrow.



Before I post the card let me tell you what I scored at the thrift store today. I bought 4 packages of heavy chipboard shaped covers for small scrapbook albums from Want2Scrap….like this…but 4 different shapes...
which sells for $8.99 U.S. each. They had all four (brand new, still sealed) packages in one bag and priced at $1.99….but it was senior’s day today so after my discount it only came to $1.55. That is why I shop at the thrift stores!!! You do have to know your prices though because some of the people who price things obviously do not. One time I did see a small alphabet stamp set that was priced at $7.99 and it originally came from the dollar store…..I knew that because that is where I bought mine. Pity the poor person who bought that!



Today’s card is the second one made with the new die set.

 


I wasn’t sure I liked this die and…… wasn’t even sure what the heck it was….so I die cut out of this piece of beige cardstock and realized it was a branch with flowers. Okay, I can deal with that! I simply splashed on some brown water colour paint and then stamped the sentiment with brown ink. The sentiment is from a Close to my Heart stamp set. This was then mounted on a Kraft card base.



That’s all for a beautiful March 21, 2017.


Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...