Saturday, March 18, 2017

Mud Run Layout


This was a snowy/rainy/miserable day here in Ontario. Joe’s still on the disabled list; sister’s still sick; and I’m sick of winter! Today I went down to the lower studio, aka the basement, and did a little scrapbooking. This layout was added to the March sketch at Creative Scrapbooking. I seldom use a sketch but this time I liked theirs so I went with it.
Finn has many interests from cooking to running to soccer to art and on and on and on. He’s a busy boy. He participated in a kid’s Mud Run and had a ball. The beige piece was just plain beige. I started out smearing some brown and blue ink on it; stamping mud splatters using a few Stampin’ Up stamps; ripping the edges and then inking them in brown. The photos were completed on a pre-made digital file from the now defunct Scrapbook etc. site; trimmed and mounted on a darker brown. The main title was die cut with the Stampin’ Up alphabet dies. The brown was glued to two pieces of cardboard from a cereal box first. I also die cut the alphabet letters in black which were glued down first and then the brown ones on top but off-sided to form a shadow. The green box in the lower right was stamped with an old stamp set which seemed appropriate for this layout. It was then mounted on the same brown. The journaling was computer generated on beige; mounted on brown and added with a dimensional glue strip. The green tags were glued down but I added the brown nail head brads for more interest.


That’s all for a miserable-weather Saturday, 2017-03-18

 Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...