Monday, April 17, 2017

Birds, Flowers and Cards


We had a lovely warm and sunny weekend here in Ontario. Yesterday I convinced Joe I was well enough to get out of the house….except for a quick run into the store last Thursday for some milk, eggs and fruit, it’s been two weeks house bound! I still had laryngitis but no fever or headache so I was more than ready to get out for awhile….but I’m still avoiding people in case I pass this virus on. We opted to drive up to Rondeau Park to get our seasonal pass and maybe walk one of the short trails….if I felt like it….which I did. We stopped and grabbed a sub to eat out at the park - first picnic of the year! I must admit I was plenty tired by the time we got home! I got the evil eye from Joe who said I looked like I should have stayed home! He was not 100% on board with us going but I assured him I was just tired, not sick again. Nice to have a hubby who cares! There were not many birds but I did get these two shots of the White-throated Sparrow. Double click on any picture to enlarge it.

 






I’m taking it easy today but I did get another charity quilt top finished. That’s three quilt tops I have ready to turn in to the quilt guild. I do the tops, they add the batting and backing and get them quilted and then they will go to someone battling an illness. The spring bulbs are flowering like crazy including the hyacinths. One of mine has the most intense colour I have every seen. Here’s a photo of it.

 




Sorry this is a long post and now for two cards. I make a lot of masculine cards for both men and boys – 4 grandsons! Here are two that are similar.




I found the image on the Internet so I printed it out on white cardstock. Then a background was sponged on with Distress Inks; adding Mustard Seed around the image to make him pop; and a variety of stamps used – all Stampin’ Up. The card base was dark blue so a strip of the same colour was added across the bottom with a peel-off black greeting.



This card was done the same way but with a different image.

 




These would be great cards for teenage boys and pre-teen boys.



That’s all for another warm and sunny Monday, April 17, 2017



Cheers

Violet










1 comment:

  1. My dear Violet take care of yourself!!! I'am glad to hear you felt well enough to get out and about... thats a good sign as long as you didn't over do.... :) We had a nice quiet Easter... we needed it... our neighbor's brought us a couple food plates with ham and potatoes and veggies and dessert... didn't have to cook..woohoo!!! What a great catch of your little sparrow friend and those cards both look grand for teenage boys! You do abstract beautifully... Big big hugs my friend, deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...