Monday, April 10, 2017

Repurpose Old Cards


We finally had a beautiful spring day! In spite of the fact I’m still fighting off a strange virus….sore throat; laryngitis; headache; no energy….I did go out and do a wee bit of gardening in the afternoon….pulled a few weeds and cut off the dried stems from the peonies that did not get removed in the fall. It wasn’t much but man was I tired after such a short outing. I am way behind in my quilting and scrapbooking too as I just don’t want to do anything. Hopefully this will soon past…but I’m on the 8th day so it’s taking its sweet time.



I haven’t been down making cards either but I do have some on hand that I haven’t posted yet. This is one of them.

 


This window frame die is from Memory Box and it is one of my favourites. I always glue a piece of clear plastic ...saved from embellishment packages.... between it and the picture and it really does make a difference in real life. The background is part of an old greeting card that I repurposed. I prefer to reuse them if I can instead of dropping them into the recycle bin. The background paper covering the card base came crinkled like that…a thrift store find! Before gluing it to the card base I wrapped some gold glitter thread around it and then glued on the flower with a gem in the centre. The sentiment is a peel-off.


That’s all for a sunny Monday April 10, 2017…….but thunderstorms predicted tonight and tomorrow!



Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. What beautiful artwork! Love this card!
    Great mood!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...