Friday, June 16, 2017

A Masculine Card


This has been a crazy busy week…..and a hot and humid one! We had new laminate floors installed this week so we had to remove everything except the large pieces of furniture out of two rooms so things were stacked up in the rec room and the eating area – and hubby HATES a mess. They installed the floors (two adjoining rooms) in one day and installed the new baseboards the second day. What a difference! Love it! While they were installing the floor I had to leave. The noise was causing my brain disorders to act up so I went to Michaels (picked up a couple things) and then wandered through Wal-Mart…..not my favourite store and bought nothing; came home for lunch; and then visited my sister for the afternoon. While they were installing the baseboards I worked in the garden to avoid the noise. Glad that reno is done; the bathroom is next and maybe in the winter we’ll do the kitchen/eating area flooring. Hubs can only stand a little bit of a reno at a time.



Just a few minutes ago I went to pick up a container of 12 tins of beads and it flipped over – and yes, all the tops came off except 3 but luckily they went into a larger container I had them in. But, as I lifted up one of the ones with the top still on, it flipped off and beads flew all over the carpeted floor! AAAGGHHHHH I will be sorting beads tonight. I like the beads all sorted by colour and size…..its a Virgo thing!



Today’s card that I’m posting…..finally I know……is one made with Stampin’ Up High Tide stamp set.




The shorebirds and flying birds are part of the set. The sky and sand was sponged on with a darker ink under the shorebirds to cast a shadow. The image was die cut with a stitched oval (Stampin’ Up) and then placed on the Spellbinder’s die cut brown oval. The designer paper is from the stash....they and the backing brown paper were die cut with the Spellbinder's Create-A-Card die set. The sentiment is a black peel-off. The leaves were die cut from a different Stampin’ Up die and glued on.



That’s all for a lovely sunny, and not quite as humid, Friday, June 16, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and if possible, perform a random act of kindness and ask them to pass it on.



Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...