Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Power Poppy Card


The A/C is off once again and it’s nice to have the windows open! Here’s a funny story before I post the card. If you are a regular reader of my blog you may recall that I’ve had laryngitis since March – yes, March! Well it turns out I have multiple nodules, various types, and one is quite large so I’m waiting for a biopsy on the large one. We live in a 4 level back-split house so raising ones voice is necessary if the other person is in another room on another level. Needless to say, I’ve not been able to raise my voice higher than a mouse squeaking so we came up with the idea that I would clap my hands a couple of times so Joe would know I need to talk to him. It had been working just fine until yesterday when I noticed a flock of starlings were at the bird feeders and cleaning them out. So I stepped just outside the back door and started clapping like a mad woman to scare them away. Next thing I knew Joe was running up the stairs (and he does not normally run) yelling, “What’s wrong? Are you okay? What happened?” I looked at him like he was the crazy man and told him I was scaring away the starlings and he gave me ‘the look’ and said, “When you clap it is my signal you want me. When you were clapping loudly and over and over I thought you were in trouble!” Ooops! As usual, we just had a good laugh over it and I promised not to clap at the starling again.



And now for today’s card which is another one made with a new Poppy Power stamp.
This time I stamped it using VersaMark ink and then white embossing powder. Once it was heat set I coloured it by sponging on ink not being very careful about staying within the flowers. The bit of red on the outside just looks like a shadow. Then it was die cut with a Spellbinder’s rectangle and glued to another larger rectangle and then to the designer paper. Before gluing it to the white card base, I wrapped white ribbon around each corner and added a white bow. The tag was die cut with an old Cuttlebug die. Once it was all glued in place, the sequins were added.



That’s all for a lovely summer Wednesday, August 23, 2017.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...