Friday, August 4, 2017

A Very Blue Card


Well, no tornadoes touched down around here on Wednesday so that was good. Strangely enough the people in the northern part of Chatham did not even get any rain.  We had another thunderstorm and more rain last night as well but no damage done then either. It keeps getting dark here today but the clouds move off to the east before it rains. The weekend looks promising though, especially tomorrow.



This morning I was checking the garden and I spotted these two sunflowers that decided to open up. The birds sometimes plant various plants and flowers and I usually just let them grow to see what they are. I assumed these were the common yellow sunflowers but to my surprise, they are orange and yellow. Very pretty! I had to get a couple photos of them….even though I had to stand on a stool to get a closer view. There are some common yellow ones in the backyard right behind the sunflower feeder and I let them grown because the American Goldfinches love them.



  


Today’s card is another one made from leftovers from other cards….and yet I like it just fine.




This is another sponged oval using a light covering of Stampin’ Up Night of Navy on white cardstock. Then the image was stamped using the same colour but much darker. Blue sequins were added at the end. I had die cut a rectangle from the blue cardstock for mounting another image on and this negative piece was still  sitting on my desk. I trimmed it even and placed the stamped image behind it and I decided I liked it…..one more piece used instead of in the recycle bin! The sentiment was computer generated. The rectangle the sentiment is on was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and while it was still in the die I gently dusted some blue ink over it using a stiff stencil brush.



That’s all for a ‘right-now-sunny-but-subject-to-change-any-minute’ Friday, August 4, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and if possible, perform a random act of kindness.

  

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...