Monday, September 25, 2017

New Stamp Set


The heat wave continues with record breaking temperatures. It was so hot and humid on Saturday we actually stayed indoors. I did walk to my sister’s apartment Saturday morning (which is less than a 10 minute walk) to water her plants while she is away. On the way home it was so hot and the air was so still I could hardly breathe. There were two events going on downtown Saturday but with the heat and a huge crowd of people bound to be there we both decided to say home. Sunday was not quite so bad because we had a bit of a breeze so we drove up along St. Clair river for a picnic lunch and we were able to photograph several lake freighters – which Joe loves! Then we meandered up to Sarnia and sat under the Blue Water Bridge for awhile….and yes, had some fresh cut French fries! While I was taking a photo of another lake freighter going under the bridge I turned around and there was another quilting friend from Chatham taking a picture of it too. It’s a small world for sure!



The heat wave might…I say might…break on Thursday and we should be back to more seasonal temperatures which would be in the low 70’s(F). The trees are starting to turn but they must be a little confused as well! The yellow jackets are vicious!



I recently treated myself to a couple of Stampin’ Up stamp sets including Beautiful You. This is the first card I made it. 




Stampin’ Up has an embossing folder with wavy lines that remind me of waves but their embossing folders are almost $12 which I find a bit on the expensive side so I did my own variation of one.


I took that lovely blue cardstock; laid it on an old mouse pad upside down; and ran a stylist over it in waves. It is not as dense or clear as the embossing folder but it will do for now.



I stamped the lady in Stampin’ Ups Lost Lagoon and used a blender pen to add a little colour just here and there. A sponge was dragged from the top down to mimic rain. The image was die cut with Spellbinder’s dies and mounted on a larger rectangle using the same blue cardstock. Baker’s twine was wrapped around it and then it was glued to a piece of white fun foam and then too the blue cardstock. I like using fun foam for larger pieces instead of dimensional strips.



The sentiment came with the stamp set and it was die cut with a fancy Spellbinder’s label die with the edges inked with the same Lost Lagoon. Then a piece of the dark blue cardstock was die cut with the same die; cut in half; and the sentiment label glued on leaving blue edges. The next die up in the set was too large so this was another option. It was adhered with dimensional strips. Then it was all glued to the white card base.



That’s all for a hot and humid July-like day on Monday, September 25, 2017.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. We've been hitting 90 F every single day....uuughhh.... and humid.... But today the break in the heat begins... Only 84 today and then in the 70's for the next week with the nights in the 50s!!! Thank goodness... I NEED a little Fall in my life.....

    Pretty card Violet... I love the bright blue color... We do have to treat ourselves now and then.. :) The embossing folders i get are usually by Darice and i pay around $2 for them when they go on sale...........Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...