Friday, October 6, 2017

Sunflower Card


It’s a dreary rainy day here in Ontario but we do need the rain. This weekend is our Thanksgiving holiday and it looks like rain will dampen the festivities on and off. Our Canadian Thanksgiving coincides with the fall harvest so that’s why ours is in October – lots of fall fairs going on too. Not sure what we’ll do to celebrate yet…..definitely depends on the weather.



Sunflowers are associated with fall……and there are fields of them grown all over our area….. so I pulled out a very old sunflower stamp and made a card. Instead of buying a lot of new stamps I think I'm going to start using ones I haven't inked up for months....at least that's the plan right now.....subject to change if I see stamps on sale!!!!






The flowers were stamped on water colour paper and then painted in. I wanted the water colour affect so the background is splotchy. The squares were die cut with Spellbinder’s dies. the fancy square was just not quite large enough for the image so I carefully made a slit in each corner design and then tucked the corners of the square in. The paper and ribbon is from the stash.  The sentiment is a peel-off.



That’s all for a rainy Friday, October 6, 2017.



Have a wonderful weekend everyone. If you are Canadian, Happy Thanksgiving!



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...