Monday, November 6, 2017

A Very Masculine Card


We just had a rainy weekend with some pretty wild thunderstorms! It will be dry for a few days and then more rain. We went for an hour’s walk this morning and it started out very cold but then the sun decided to come out and it was a lovely walk. Although it gets near freezing at night; most of the days are in the 10C (50F) range and it has confused the flowers to no end. Here’s a picture of some daisy-like flowers that are in my garden…I took this photo this weekend from the house when the rain stopped for awhile. I also have snapdragons, coneflowers, black-eye susans and some petunias still blooming. Odd fall weather.




  

My brain disorders do not like it when we have thunderstorms and do not like listening to the sewing machine running either so I head on down to the lower studio to do some scrapbooking or card making. I found this cute meme on the Internet and it pretty much says it all.

 

 Do any of you suffer from this? I'm lucky that my hubby does all the laundry and most of the housework!


Today’s card is another one made in section but this time I left some un-inked sections. I think I like it just as well but not sure I like it better.


 

I made this one with a man in mind – the kind that likes to read a lot and likes vintage things – like one of my sons-in-law. The stamps are mostly from a stamp set I picked up at the dollar store and I was surprised to find this many images for $1.25. I used Stampin’ Up Early Espresso ink thinking it would be a nice contrast to the creamish background paper….and it was. The splatters and blobs were from a Stampin’ Up grunge set. Once the stamping was completed I decided it needed some twine so I twisted some twine together and then taped it at the back before gluing it all to a Kraft card base.



That’s all for a cool Monday, November 6, 2017.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...