Friday, February 16, 2018

A Huge Candle Card


The weather outside is a changing by the hour. Someone posted this on Facebook and it pretty much says it all.




A friend of mine asked me to make a card for a pre-teen boy – something pretty plain of course. I finally decided to make a huge candle card. Here is what I came up with…and she loved it.




I took a piece of left over cardstock and ran it through the Swiss dot embossing folder and then trimmed it to the size I wanted and inked the edges with a darker blue. Then I hand cut another piece of blue to look like wax dripping and glued it on the top. I hand cut the candle flame from yellow and orange cardstock stacked together; then switched the pieces over to make one flame. They were then sprinkled with yellow glitter. The wick is just a little piece of black cardstock.  The background was in the stash and it looked great with the candle glued to it. It was then glued to the yellow card base. The sentiment was stamped onto a hand cut banner and was attached with dimensional glue strips. Glossy Accents was then added to the dripping wax piece and set aside to dry. I always have to do that last or I end up smudging it.

        That’s all for a cold and damp Friday, February 16, 2018. Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone. My heart aches for those involved in that Florida shooting. So sad.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...