Monday, February 5, 2018

Do More of What Makes You Happy


I almost forgot to post a card today….I was going to blame the cold and the snow on making some brain cells fade…except I haven’t been out of the house since Friday! We are not football fans here so yesterday the TV wasn’t even turned on. I spent the day cutting out two more quilts and today I got the blocks for one of them almost completed….lots of cutting; lots of sewing. These will be summer quilts for the grandsons to take camping…..and I’m using the stash only….no buying more fabric…..well, unless I have to!!

Today’s card is another humourous one. It’s a Stamping Bella image but I have no idea if it’s still available. One of the sentiments is from a different Stamping Bella set; the other from an unknown stamp set.



The image was coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol; as per usual! I sit and colour these as I watch hockey in the winter; baseball games in the summer. I wasn’t sure what to do with the card but as I was leafing through my stash I found this blue cardstock that had the oval die cut out of it. So I placed it over the image and it would fit except for her scarf and the flag. So, first of all it was run through the large dot embossing folder just to add some more texture. Then I lightly penciled in where the scarf and flag would be on the outside and cut them out and then glued the image in place. The top circle sentiment and the bottom oval one are both popped up on dimensional strips. This will be a great card for a fun-loving person having a birthday.

            That’s all for a very cold Monday, February 5, 2018.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...