Friday, February 9, 2018

Snow and Dragonfly Card


Snowed in! Not kidding! It started snowing around 4:00 am and it’s still snowing at 9:30 pm and may not stop until Sunday night – that’s 3 days of constant snow! They said we could get well over 8” – I think it’s about that much already!

I found this on the Internet – it sums it up.






I almost forgot to post a card tonight. I keep thinking its Saturday. I love dragonflies so here’s a dragonfly card.




The background paper and floral paper and the paper of the largest die cut (Spellbinder die) are all from a 6” paper pack. I found the blue one in the stash that matched but I sponged some extra blue ink around the edges, leaving the middle light blue. The sentiment is a peel-off that is on a hand cut banner from the left over background paper.

          The dragonfly came about because I was experimenting one day with embossing the stamp on vellum but never did anything with them. They were okay but I really only liked the way the wings turned out. So, to use them up I stamped and embossed the same stamp with white embossing powder on that blue label. Then I hand cut the dragonfly wings; flipped it over and applied some alcohol ink to the underside; added a glue dot to just the centre by the body and glued in place. That leaves the wings free. Then I added some gems down the centre of the dragonfly; small blue gems and sequins around the dragonfly and called it done.

          That’s all for a very, very snowy Friday. Have a safe and wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...