Friday, March 9, 2018

A Quick and Easy but Beautiful Card


Pain and agony! That’s what’s going on here today. I do believe I have an abscessed tooth and it is throbbing. I’m off to the dentist in about an hour….thank goodness my dental office has other dentists to fill in for emergencies!

It snowed here all day yesterday but it pretty much melted as it landed on the pavement but stuck a bit to the grass. My sister and I were supposed to go to London yesterday but she cancelled her appointment. It would have been nasty driving through it. As I looked out the back window to check on how hard it was snowing…and it was…. I saw a hawk sitting on our fence. Before chasing him away I grabbed the camera and got this awesome shot of him.




Joe does not like the hawks that come thinking they can pick up a quick meal from the birds around our feeders so he’s real quick to scare him off. This time I saw him first and grabbed the camera. This photo was taken through the glass.

Today’s card would be labelled under quick and easy! Sometimes we all need to make a quick card.




Every once in awhile I like to just play! So, I took some water colour paper and gave it a quick spray with water and then laid it down and moved it around on some Distress Inks or Water colour paint on a plastic sheet. I liked to give it that quick spray first so the ink/paint blends quicker and you don’t get hard lines. Lift it up and dry it with a heat tool and repeat until you like what you have…adding more ink/paint as needed. This one turned out really bright so I used one of the orange Distress Inks (not sure which one) around the edges to soften it a bit. Then it was placed in the Tim Holtz stamp positioner and I stamped the butterflies – Inkadinkado stamp and the sentiment. Then I added a few sequins and called it done.

That’s all for a painful Friday! March 9, 2018….my favourite granddaughter’s birthday today….okay, my one only granddaughter but still, she’s a favourite! Happy Birthday Kadri.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Kadri!! How did i miss this post?? Violet that is an incredible shot of that hawk. Wow!! Gorgeous! I would have to chase him off too but not until like you i tried to get a picture of him. He's something else. We have red tailed hawks that hang around our pine trees this time of year.. swooping and diving .. i think the males are fighting for a female who is often sitting in a tree watching..

    I hope your tooth is feeling better ... toothaches are no fun.. its not something you can ignore.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...