Monday, April 23, 2018

A Beautiful Day and a Card


Two marvellous spring-like days in a row here! Nice! Yesterday we went to Rondeau – first visit there – and didn’t see many birds but we did see one that we had never seen before….and likely never will again. There are some birds that are just like that.

        Today I’m posting a card first, and the rare bird at the end.
The flowers are a free digital download from the Internet. They were quickly coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The circles are from Spellbinder’s dies. Once again I left the image in the die and then very lightly sponged on light pink ink around the edge of the image. The background was white cardstock that I ran through the embossing folder. I just happened to have a pinkish/salmonish coloured card base that matched the cardstock I had so it worked out well. I used pink for the circles, salmon for the scalloped edge and the oval is from the Stampin’ Up stitched die set. The sentiment was heat embossed in white. I decided the flowers needed something in the centre to make them pop so I ran a dark alcohol ink pen over the top of some clear gems and then added them. They look black but they are not really solid black.
        And now for a few bird photos.

The red bellied woodpecker is very common but always nice to see.

This is a Virginia Rail.....the one we have never seen before.

It was sitting on a moss covered log amongst some brambles.

A close-up - not cropped. I just have a point-and-shoot camera but a good one!

Saw our second butterfly - Red Admiral.

The Brown Creeper. Fun to watch him go up the trees.

This one really reach the top!
    
Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Violet! I love the colors... You find such pretty digi downloads! All the ones i seem to find are so kiddy.... if you know what i mean..

    Always look forward to your bird photos... Congrats on that great catch and your camera takes great pictures... !! I saw my first redbreasted grosbeak this morning.. I have seen them here before but its the first time for this year.. I have a pic of a bird i'd love for you to identify for me.. Let me dig it out and i'll send it your way if thats ok with you.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...