Monday, April 30, 2018

A Spring Day at Last and a Card


We had our first real taste of spring today - the sun was shining and no cold air was blowing. The windows were all opened and the furnace turned way down so it wouldn’t come on. We spent the entire day outside – Joe cut grass and did some yard clean-up and I cleaned up the flower beds and planted some bulbs that just happened to get delivered today….we ordered some perennials from Versey’s in P.E.I. Great timing. We are both a bit tired tonight, but it’s a good tired. I have a feeling the furnace will likely be coming on tonight though as the temperature drops a lot come nightfall.

We have not put out our hummingbird feeder yet but will next week. By the way, if you put out a hummingbird feeder, please do not add red food colouring to the sugar water. Not only is not needed, it has known to actually kill the hummingbirds.

Today’s card was another “I wonder if this will work” card that turned out okay.




I found that background paper in the stash; cut it down to 5 ½” x 5 ½” and glued it to the card base. The piece in the middle was white cardstock that I sponged blue Distress Ink around the edges and Yellow in the centre. The flower spray is an old stamp that I seldom use….but it may get more use now as I rather like it. The sentiment is from another stamp set and so is the scroll underneath it. Sorry, I don’t always keep the packages so I have no idea who the manufacturers are. This panel was then layered on the black cardstock. The black butterfly is a Memory Box die and yes I cut it out of the middle of the black cardstock behind the front panel….why not? No one can see so why waste it. I added black gems down the body of the butterfly.

That’s all for a sunny spring Monday, April 30, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...