Monday, May 14, 2018

Can't Resist Dog Stamps


Rain, rain and more rain! We had torrential rain on Saturday and Saturday night with many fields completely flooded. On Sunday we ventured out to Rondeau Park and some of the trails there were flooded out – and there were not many birds either. I had a question in the comments about whether we keep track of the birds we see and the answer is yes. We buy books from the park that lists all the birds that ‘could’ be seen in Eastern and Central North America – big territory! We record the birds we see when we go out during the first three weeks of May, and then I have a section for Jan – May and then from June – end of the year. Then I transfer these into another booklet for a yearly count.
Today was one of those ‘iffy’ weather days because it was overcast and looked like rain…we did have a light shower early this morning and they were predicting more rain around the supper hour….still not raining but we are under another heavy rainfall warning for tonight and tomorrow. Then we will have two sunny days and then four more days of rain. Ugh. This coming weekend is a long weekend in Canada referred to as May 2-4. A friend told me today that the campground at Rondeau is now flooded and all camping for the long weekend is cancelled. Ouch, that’s going to hurt the bottom line!

With the weather 'iffy' we stayed home today and ran some errands this morning and this afternoon we decided to take a chance and get the grass cut and I did some weeding and other gardening duties. Tomorrow I’ll probably quilt as we do not venture out to the parks when it’s pouring rain, especially if it’s a thunderstorm.



Today’s card is one I made with an old retired Stampin’ Up set I bought from a friend of mine. As soon as I saw the dog, I had to have it.




Once again I coloured it with pencils and blended it with gamsol. The image and mounting cardstock were die cut with the standard square die set from Spellbinders – one of the first die sets I bought. I left the image in the die and sponged on some Distress Ink around the image – Antique Linen I think. Then I tied some baker’s twine around it and added a bow and a button.

The banner was a die cut rectangle and then I just notched the end and added the black peel-off sentiment. It was attached with adhesive strip to add some dimension. The background paper is from the stash. I think this could be a nice thinking of you card for a man or woman.

That’s all for a potentially wet Monday night, May 14, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.










1 comment:

  1. I can see why you wanted that stamp set Violet. Thats just adorable! And the button and twine really make it nice.. Thank you for answering my question... I was just thinking to myself if i wanted to keep track of the birds i see and can name.. hmmmm...

    Goodness we could use some of that rain.. summer has come and we are on the light side of rainfall i think.. We have a chance the next couple of days.. Stay safe and dry.. Gotta get out there and mow the grass when you can between storms...all that rain will make it GROW!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...